Railway station Patras
In the Ag. Dionyssios area, in Patras, there was the terminal station for the section Piraeus-Athens-Patras (one of the first railway lines of the Piraeus-Athens-Peloponnese Railways (S.P.A.P.)), which was completed in 1887. In the same period, the Agios Andreas station was constructed, from which a new line started, to connect the city with Pyrgos, in 1890. In 1892, a line connecting the two stations was constructed, while since 1954 there is a fully operational central passenger station, next to the city's port. Since 2010, it operates as a station of the Patras Suburban Railway, which currently connects the city with Lower Achaia and Rio.